Monday, August 3, 2015

Sunshine through the Rain

Ok, so this past week has been really great. Sorry about the build on the jelly beans. I thought I saw a sign for 100g of jelly beans for 250won so that's about a fourth of a pound for 25cents. Turns out it was 10g for 250won... oops, but I did get gold fish for a dollar! 

Our American dinner appointment was great. We had Hawaiian haystacks, I forgot how much I missed them. Then we taught a lesson on baptism because the oldest son was getting baptized. It was so awesome. Service was a lot of fun this week, although I now have a funny story... language barriers, got to love them right... anyways for another time. After service we always eat at this sandwich place called tospia, actually really good and really inexpensive? Anyways, the lady is super nice and always gives us a free lemonade with our food. She also gave us a huge plate of 떡 or rice cake. 

On Wednesday I ate with a bib at a restaurant... they gave them to everyone, but it was a weird experience for me. The food was really good, 짜짱명  a really good Chinese dish. We only ate out because our district leader had to leave a week early before transfers, so we joined the other district. It was basically a district zone meeting... 

On Thursday we tried to visit a possible investigator, in our mission, we have to meet the person twice and have a return appointment in order to have them qualify as an investigator, but he was busy. He is so ready to hear the gospel though, I wish he would see how much this could change his life. We also got asked to check on a new member, a member was found living in our ward that hasn't been to church, he lives on the very edge of our area, about an hour away. We didn't find him, but we talked with the people up there, they are super nice and have never seen a foreigner. It is really funny because when the kids see us they go 와국인입니다. or 'Its a foreigner' Sorry, I never learned how to spell well. I sldo experienced what happens when your sister forgot to pray for you...

 It started pouring, and I mean raining. 

Thankfully we brought umbrellas.

 On Friday, we were supposed to go meet with another possible investigator, but he cancelled on us. Claimed he was moving to Germany that day for business related issues and was at the airport. I found it funny that he decided to move over night, but oh well, guess the next set of missionaries can talk to him in three years. Hopefully we can meet him some other time. 

On Saturday we decided it was time to move out of the cloud that we have been living in for the last week or so. It started pouring very hard. I think by the end of the day, my brown shoes were closer to the color black than brown. Then we had another dinner appointment. It was really good. I still can not get over the fact that I am eating octopus sometimes...Anyways, This week has been a blast. I hope it has started to dry out back home, just remember that even if there is is rain outside in your life, There can always be 'Sunshine in (Your) Soul Today' this weeks theme song.

 Anyways Hope you are doing well. How has God blessed your life this week? I know He has and I can not even see you!

Love
Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment