Monday, August 3, 2015

Spicy Chicken Feet (August 2)

I apologize that all he seems to be writing about is food. I know he is learning and experiencing so many different and more interesting things. 

So I missed a bit from last week. I had two dinner appointments I forgot to talk about. One was with a member family at Asheley's. It is a Korean take on an American Buffet. It was really good and I thought I ate fishes eyes. But my companion disappointed me by telling me that it was some fruit, that makes more sense because it was in a fruit salad, but I think I will go with fish eyes. Anyways after 4 plates of dinner, I decided to move on to 4 plates of dessert. It was really good, but I felt sick afterwards. 

Also last week we had a dinner appointment with someone who I call Dog tattoo. I forgot his name and we met him right after he got this tattoo of a dog, hence the nickname. We had octopus and vegetables with the all to common apron of protection. It seems that anytime we end up going to a restaurant, we are given aprons to protect our white shirts. Sometimes they work... 

Speaking of dinner appointments... Whoever prayed for me to have some might have needed to specify a day... We met a really cool Irish couple this last week. They just moved here and are going to be teaching English here. They were super friendly, hopefully the other elders will meet them... 

Then just a little farther on down the road a man tells us to follow him into a 약국 or pharmacy, here in Korea they are all over the place. Then he buys us this vitamin drink and makes us drink it. Then he beckons us to continue to follow him saying that we look like we need to get something to drink. We go into a convenience store and he goes 'let me buy you some coffee.' we go 'no we don't drink coffee' he says 'don't worry, I wasn't going to get you hot coffee, We are going to get cold coffee' Eventually, we convinced him that we didn't drink coffee and he bought us a blue raspberry lemonade iced thing and started talking to us. It was a weird conversation, but after he was satisfied that we looked ok, he dismissed us to our dinner appointment. 

Before we saw him we had each just had a bottle of Gatorade so I don't know why he thought we needed a drink. But now that we are full of liquids we ran, more super speed walked, to our dinner appointment. Luckily we only had one that night. It was on the army base so we got stopped by the guards and they wouldn't let us through till the Special Forces Cornol came and got us. (We were eating with him) He served in Japan and he was super friendly. After making us finish the two serving dishes of some sort of chilighetti, we had a huge bowl of ice cream. Then we watched as he and his wife filled 3 bags full of meals and snacks to take home and have this coming week. Yep, pretty awesome, they even drove us home!

Well because transfers (A transfer is six weeks. Missionaries stay in their assigned areas until they are transferred. The mission president is the one who assigns the missionaries to their areas.) ended this last week we got a call from the AP's (assistant to the president. Also young missionaries like Colten, called to serve for a short period of their mission in a leadership position to assist the mission president with a variety of tasks)

I got transferred! 

I am going to 일산 or ilsan! Now I get to live with the celeberties! 

I have no Idea who my companion is, we were not told this transfer. My companion is also leaving, he is headed for 의장부 uijangbu. Should be fun I guess. With this new information, I am now filled with dread because we have to eat all the food that the Cornol gave us before Wednesday... I don't think it will happen.

 Sunday came and we were told we were going to eat dinner with a really nice family, but before we could eat dinner with them, we would have to take the sacrament to someone in their home (The sacrament is the formal blessing and administering of bread and water representing the body and blood of Christ to Church members, usually during a Sunday worship meeting. It is the equivalent of communion in many other Christian churches.) . The old lady we went to visit was really nice and even feed us food. The only problem  with this is after the dinner she feed us we were going to be going to another dinner appointment. So we finally finished the chicken that she gave both of us and the vegetables that went with it and then the yogurt that followed, and ran to our next appointment. 

The directions we had were not very good so we got lost and were 30 minutes late, but they made sure we ate a lot, I think I gained 10 pounds yesterday... I also was told to try the spicy fried chicken foot, had I known it was chicken foot, I probably would not have eaten it. It was ok, but it didn't taste like chicken. 

Next week I will be writing in a new city, but I am still super excited.
Love
Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment