Monday, July 6, 2015

KOREA!

WOW! this has been a crazy week. Sorry if I miss spell something. I am typing on a korea keyboard. And the pictures will be fun to work with. To start back in America... I have forgotten just about everything. Sorry. I can tell you that we had a lot of fun and that we studied hard, but other than that, I have nothing.
The flight: Well to begin, we went to bed around 12:30am and woke up around 3? maybe, I have forgotten, but it was really early in the morning. So we make it to our bus on time, We load the bus, get on the bus and it won't start. oops. So then all the missionaries ( I am traveling with at least 75 people to the airport) get off the bus. It starts, we get back on the bus. We barely make it to the train station and we hop on the train. Then we transffer trains. This is fun because one of the sisters in my district recently had surgery, she had to have her gall bladder removed. So as we move all her stuff, and ours, we catch the train. We make it to the airport and then we are going through security. We saw Stacy! the one from studio C. We didn't ㅗㅁㅍㄷ 샤ㅡㄷ 새 ㅅ맏 ㅗㅑㄴ ㅔㅑㅊ셕ㄷ, oops, have time to take his picture. We made it to our flight and it was a really nice flight. But then our landing was delayed due to the fog. This was a problem because our connection flight to korea was leaving soon. When we landed, we ran as fast as we could to our flight. We made it with 2 min to spare. Lets just say that Prayer works! I slept for most of the flight to Korea, could do a whole lot else. When we landed we were all super excited. We walked throught the airport, it was super empty and made it to customs. There were a bunch of health signs up too. But that is ok, as a missionary I have promised myself that I can not get sick. Plus the Mission ㅖㄱㄷ냥둣 ㅅ맏ㄴ ㄱㄷ미ㅣㅛ 해ㅐㅇ president takes really good care of us. We get of the plane after we go through customs and find our bags. Then we go out and meet our mission president and his wife. The Christensens are so nice, but they go home on thursday. Our new president gets here on Wednesday. It should be fun. They take our bags and we go and teach the gospel on the trains. That was... an experience. I think I have forgotten all Korean, either that or they taught me cantoneese in the MTC. On the train we met a man from Cambodia, he is studing here. He is super good at english which is good because I am too  Then we went and saw a 4-D historical film and then went to president's house. It was a lot of fun. I had my first taste of Kimchi... it was ok. and we had melona which is a  super awesome popcicle. After a quick personal introduction to president, we went to bed. The next morning after breackfast, we had a meeting all morning in which we found our trainers. Then we had Korean Pizza, which is way better than American. Then we had more classes and then we headed to our new homes. Public transportation and suit cases is not very fun... After hiking a small hill, we made it to our new home. It was a litttle messy, but that is ok because we cleaned it up later. Then we went to work. We were supposed to meet someone at the church, but he didn't show up. We had kimchi chige which is the hottest soup you will ever have, in boyh ways. The Koreans started laughing at us because our faces were turning red because of how hot the soup was. The next day we went out looking for people to teach. This is because my trainer and I are new to the area. As we were walking a man ran up to us and asked if we taught about God. After we confemind this he demanded, more like politly informed us that he really wanted to learn about God, us to teach him at his resturant later. We agreed, I mean that is our job, no? The rest of the day was super great as well. The nxt day we were lost and asked a man to help us. He couldn't help us, but he bought us ICecream, which is good enough right? We eventually found our way. Church was interesting... seeing how it was all in Korean. During Sunday school, I was asked to go with another Missionary to pick up a man from a mental Hospital. He is a convert and was fine until he was nearly choked to death by one of his customers. He was a taxi driver. They were driving over a river and he drove off the side into the river. He is the nicest person in the world though. I really like him. As we were walking back to the church, a man stopped us and asked if we taught about God. Before we could share a message with him, his caretakers dragged him away. After Church, which was ward conference and my mission presidents farewell. ( We had to do a special musical number in the middle of the meeting. It was a lot of fun) We had a 식사 ward lunch. I think I ate octapus or intestince, maybe a heart, liver?, chicken, chopcha, cucumber kimshi, super awful gross kimchi and aprocot jelly cubes. That is all That I have for now.
브라운장로
Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment